Please be advised that our workshops are currently postponed until further notice.
Advanced Moulding and Casting Workshop Details:
We are privileged to have Jo Bain; Taxidermist, South Australian Museum 3D Design Supervisor and model maker conduct this hands-on workshop. Workshop consists of 2 x 3 hour sessions.
In the first session, learn how to select the best way to divide your mould and make a jacketed two piece silicone skin mould. Enhance your casts with pigments and metal powders. Participants will rotational cast a hollow replica and injection cast a solid resin replica.
Bring along any sculptures and items you would like to discuss how to make a mould of. There will be time in the second session for discussion and problem solving with Jo.
Maximum of 6 participants to ensure that all participants have individual time with Jo.
As we are moving premises in February 2020, workshops be resuming March 2020. Please keep an eye on emails and social media for announcements regarding new dates.
Included in this course:
- Use of Tools and Safety Equipment
- Technical and Safety Data sheets
- Safe Product Use Information
Please note: Payment is required to book your place in the session.
Due to the limited bookings available, it is Adelaide Moulding and Candle Supplies’ policy not to refund fees if participant cancels within 24 hours before the session. The enrolled participants acknowledge that these arrangements are reasonable with regard to the difficulties of filling cancelled enrolments at such short notice and the significant administration cost of cancellations.
- Payment options are in-store via Cash or EFTPOS or online via Credit Card or Bank Deposit.
- Shape of board and coasters may vary depending on availability.
- We do not offer a refund or re-booking if you fail to attend or cancel on the day of the workshop.
- Our classroom is up a flight of stairs. With this in mind, some people with walking disabilities may have trouble walking up the stairs. If this is a concern, we request that you call and advise us. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- In order to run a workshop, each class has a 4 participant minimum requirement. If this condition is not met we will contact attendees and reschedule.
- If there is a class cancellation, all booked participants will receive the option of either refund or transfer to another session.