FlexBond by Rosco
$19.95 – $166.65
In-Store/Phone Orders (per unit/metre): $
FlexBond by Rosco has become one of the preferred coatings for priming, sealing and smoothing Worbla before painting.
Flexbond by rosco
- is handy to use for quick armor priming to get a very smooth finish without too much time or labour.
- has a high surface tension, so brush strokes even out easier than other coatings, giving a smoother surface
- is meant to be a glue, so it ‘grips’ itself as you add layers – minimizing drips and runs when applied in thin layers, while still drying without a tacky finish
- is water soluble, drips or runs are easy to fix without having to repair a large area.
- dries clear fast – faster than any other brush-on primer
- is non-toxic, and can be used in small spaces
- remains flexible. Pieces can be flexed and struck without chipping or cracking. Toss your armor in your luggage for airport security or build designs that flex on and off without worrying about your finish or last minute touch-ups
- coats thermoplastics and foam with the same finish, meaning that you can coat pieces at the same time and paint them without distinct surface differences.
- can smooth Worbla’s Finest Art to a smooth, paintable finish in as little as 3 coats, and Black Art in 2
- laminate blocks of foam together
- Apply by brush, roller, spray gun or large mixing sticks
- Use a wet brush or wet finger to apply the final layers of FlexBond by rosco to minimise brush strokes
- To use FlexBond by rosco, ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free of dust and grease. If applying to vinyls or plastics, clean surfaces with methylated spirits to remove any excess plasticiser that might interfere with proper bonding. Stir before using, but do not shake as bubbles may develop. Apply undiluted to almost any non-porous or porous surface.
- FlexBond by rosco may be diluted with water if desired to create a thinner coating that will flow and level more. Clean up with soap and water before the FlexBond by rosco dries. Drying time will vary between 30-45mins depending on the thickness applied and will reach its full cure within 7 days.